Monday, January 25, 2010

Tuesday January 26 0838

Things are going pretty well, although I have to admit I don't do much on the weekdays that I can discuss about here: work does go well, however, and it is an exciting project to work on! I'm being given a free hand to do my part, and so it is nice being able to design creatively with little pressure other than to communicate what my design decisions are to the team members. It's a great workplace, with cool bosses (!), great coworkers, and ping pong over free lunches.

Sunday, I went to a tea ceremony with two chinese girls who had approached me in the park and invited me, and it was very fun until I saw what my part of the bill was: 344 rmb! I only had 85rmb, so the lady from the tea ceremony had to come with me on the subway to Jing An where Blake loaned me the debt (I paid Blake back that afternoon). No hard feelings any which way, I don't think, and I learned a few important lessons:
  1. Always ask how much
  2. Chinese girls on holiday like to bring foreigners to expensive fun things
  3. Tea can be made really complicated!

2 comments:

  1. Those are very important lessons! I'm glad you're getting out lots and enjoying the local culture though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More sightseeing, less talking up the babes! LOL

    ReplyDelete