Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday January 18 2345

Monday January 18 2345

Today after work, Chris was very kind and took me to a Japanese restaurant, where we had a very nice meal for 102rmb (about 30$) which consisted of some quite spicy beef in rice with spring rolls, dumplings, and an exquisite fried chicken with some delightfully subtle sauces flourished on top. The whole thing was really very yummy, and I need to make sure I treat him to a nice meal sometime.

After that, we went back to the office to retrieve his forgotten keys and I ended up playing ping-pong with Sean for several hours over a beer or two: he gets philosophical when he drinks, so it was fun to chat while I tried furiously to counteract his spinning curve-serve. (I've yet to figure out how to react).

After that, I returned back to the flat and wished Garrett a good trip before heading in to bed. Quite a pleasant day, and I hope that such nice days become the 'routine' days that fill in between more eventful days.

3 comments:

  1. Ed! I'm so glad to hear you've been having a great first few days! Are you at all able to use your email or has that been blocked by the Great Firewall of China as well? OH! And please somehow send me your mailing address so I can give you your "Staying sane abroad" present :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ed! We all need a mailing address for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is Garrett off to? Will you be alone in the flat for very long?

    ReplyDelete