Sunday, April 11, 2010

Monday April 12th 0948

Ahoy!

All the new programmers have arrived, so have been spending lots of time meeting new people, which's been nice. I've gotten quite good at ping pong, so the new opponents are appreciated.

And some geekiness: I've been sinking my teeth deep into a game of Emperor of the Fading Suns using the Nova patch: I'm playing a random galaxy as House Hazat, and am stomping over Holy Terra and the other Houses, waging planetary war on the Church, Al-Malik, and Hawkwood simultaneously with universal warehouse off, which is quite a logistical feat given the roughly two hundred troops I am ferrying towards the respective targets (primarily hover tanks and marauder legions). You can't run away with sceptors in this patch (they can't be transported), so doing raids on the palaces have to be full-on occupation efforts. I have 20 out of the 35 sceptors in the game, but I had promised departments before this, so I am actually doing all these massive invasions while fighting against the Imperial Navy and the Stigmata Garrison (Aragon is right next to Stigmata in this galaxy >_<) with my own home-grown fleet of invasion landers, meson starbases, and battle cruisers loaded with Prophet torpedoe fighters: I am particularly eager to make headway against Hawkwood so that I can get access to Delphi's gem resources so I can get more ships made. I hope to take Holy Terra, Delphi, and Ishtakhr within thirty to forty turns, and will declare myself Emperor once I've conquered them and assassinated their nobles on Byzantium II, although I might delay it if I feel like doing a Reconquista on the Symbiot worlds. Fun =)

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! You will have to bring the patch back with you....I miss EFS, though their Holy Terra & Emperor are just heretical shadows of the TRUE Imperium and the TRUE Emperor, of course! Sounds like you are having a blast there, but still selfishly want you back here ASAP. Lotsa Love your way, and Ave Imperator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make it down to Hong Kong? Or did you spend all your time playing EFS, lol?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no: the Hong Kong trip is over 1000 miles, and I'll be doing that June I think =)

    Delphi is turning into one snowy crater beneath my 15 Cadiz Dreadnoughts though =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Is the Church working well with the patch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ed,

    I know you are far away from the earthquake, but is all well where you are?

    Hong Kong! That will be fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah: apparantly, if you change your sect in the first turn, units of your sect can appear. I'm Avestite (3400), but everyone else is Orthodox (5600) because the AI doesn't change to non-Orthodox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Earthquake in western China was reported on the news here.....do you follow the 'local' news at all? hahaha Hope you crush those heretics, esp. for calling themselves Orthodox!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah: I tend to miss the english-speaking news channel on television because it is only on at 7 =) Doesn't look like an earthquake like the Haitian one or the Chinese one a while back, so I assume that's why no one mentioned it at work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL well I guess they're only up to 760 dead, but they're still looking for more :-P

    I'm glad you're safe and sound xoxoxo I sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete