Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sunday February 21 0857

Much to my chagrin on this beautiful Sunday, I'm at work getting ready to start a work day. The Chinese have a bizarre approach to holidays: the days you get 'off' aren't actually 'off', but are largely compensated by sprinkling work days on the weekends throughout the year. Today and Yesterday go towards compensating the Lunar New Year, and the practice seems to be a universal one in China.

This'd've meant that I was in work yesterday, but I was notified on short notice and so I refused to come in on a Saturday. I wouldn't've come in today, but I'm going to Qingdao (to get my Visa extended comfortably past my stay's completion) on business expense, and I'd have to take a day off during the workweek, so I consented to working it off ahead of time.

I'll be composing my Lunar New Year post, which should have several nice pictures, throughout today and it should be my post for tomorrow =)

1 comment:

  1. At least there should be Tsingtao beer instead of the classy Bud. :)

    ReplyDelete