Sunday, February 7, 2010

Monday February 8 0908

Ahoyez Vous!

This weekend I did very little other than relax on the couch and programming/conlanging, since it was quite wet and no one was free to hang out. It was alright: I tried my hand at getting a genetic algorithm to work, and almost got it, except there is a bug I cannot seem to fix with my selection algorithm, which doesn't seem to work at all for some subtlety of reason beyond my capacity. Irritated, I just focused on thinking up all the verbal forms in Jezzali I could think of: I remember thinking to myself "Nah Ed, you won't need to bring Describing Morphosyntax by Thomas Payne to China, you can leave it here in Seattle".

It's always the book you don't bring... =\

Also, need to find if Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake is in any of the foreign bookstores, since I just finished the preceding book in the series.

3 comments:

  1. clutching towards the wikipedia button..... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's always the book you don't bring..." Isn't that the truth! But exploring bookstores in different countries is an adventure in itself. G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, am looking at the morphosyntax book now. You want me to ship it to you? Give me the info and I can make it happen! :)

    ReplyDelete