Monday, July 12, 2010

Tuesday July 13 1331

Rainy tuesday, bleh.

Just working here, although almost all the creative part of the job is behind me: it's making list after list now, and not having any player game data to play with for at least a month. Keeping on top of it, but it certainly isn't as dynamic at the moment as it often can be. Working on various small projects at the moment creatively off-work, such as practicing my dialog-writing skills, working on my language (came up with how I'm gonna do names, if you haven't noticed), and other things. Am going on a safari this weekend with Chris, so will make sure to get pictures as long as we don't get rained out. Hope all is going well for you all!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are in the boring production phase, like everyday at my workplace, hahaha. Sure do miss you here, any updates on your return?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're going to talk to us this week about Post-August plans, so I don't know my exact point of return yet. I am holding firm that I will be back in Seattle for *at least* October, and will be pushing to be allowed to work remotely. I'd basically prefer to be back in the States for this next year =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear about the safari. Sounds like fun!

    Hey, Tracey wants to know what her name is in your language. Her family is from the MidWest

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's difficult, since her name means 'From Thrace', and I can't find an etymology for 'Thrace': it seems to be a whole-cloth Greek exonymn. If I make a reference to the Byzantines, though, of the same area I can probably get away with the following:

    "Wall king": Celimise "sheh-lih-MEE-suh"
    "From the lands of the River": ne Lisaba "neh lih-SAV-uh"

    So she'd be

    Celimise ne Lisaba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Thanks Ed. What do you call your language, anyway?

    ReplyDelete