Thursday, February 24, 2011

Friday February 25 0947

1/11/10 - 2/25/11, Game Design Lead

I've worked in China for over a year now: kind of hard to believe in a way. Today is my last day at work, and I look around me to see very few familiar places: the company has almost completely turned over, staff wise, during my stay. Only four people remain, and we can't really talk to each other.

My favorite memories are:
-Riding to the Sea with Chris
-Chinese New Year's with Sean/Chris
-Scooter riding with the guys
-Counter-Strike\Starcraft\Ping-Pong with the guys
-Hitting on girls at DADA
-Goth Night
-Rock Band with Michal
-Being big-guy, design-wise
-Hong Kong
-Trying to keep up with Blake's walking pace when I was getting first situated

My bitterest memories are:
-The SoZ meltdown
-All the artists quitting
-Having my scooter stolen
-The situations associated with Sean/Chris/Jeff/Blake leaving

Hopefully, my 'vacation month' here will be filled of many more positive memories. I am heading to Hong Kong to get a Tourist Visa, then will stay in Shanghai until the end of March, where I will then be hanging out in Seattle for a month or two. By that time, I will have spent 1 year and 50 days cumulative time within China's borders.

Great Adventure indeed!

1 comment: